Wow! I am so happy to be nominated for the Liebster Award for the very first time! Thank you Evelyn from Films & Series: What about them? for nominating me! Evelyn has written a lot of great reviews of movies and tv shows, so I definitely recommend checking out her blog!
Here are the rules for a Liebster Award:
1)Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you (evelynfilmfan)
2)Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
3)Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
4)Let the bloggers know you nominated them
5)Give them 11 questions of your own
And here are the 11 questions I was asked to answer
- Films versus Tv-series?
Ohhh, this one is tough, because I like both. It really depends on what mood I’m in, if I’m studying or working on my dissertation, I like watching movies, other times I’m more in the mood for television, it just depends.
2. Marvel films & Comics versus DC & Films Comics?
A few years ago I would’ve definitely said DC Films and comics, but that was before I saw The Avengers (2012), and I’ve slowly turned into a Marvel fan, both the films and comics (I’ll never forgive DC for ruining Batman). Right now my favorite story in Marvel is the new Thor (if you haven’t read it yet I won’t spoil it, but you should read it).
3. What’s you favourite film snack?
Popcorn!! There is nothing better than sitting in a movie theater clutching a big bowl of buttery popcorn (that’s how I watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
4. What’s your opinion on reboots? Like the new Point Break?
For the most part, I do not like reboots (and I particularly think a reboot of Point Break was completely unnecessary). Most of the movies being rebooted are classic, perfectly fine films that do NOT need to be made over again (in my opinion). However, I have enjoyed a few of the reboots (I believe Maleficent counts as a reboot). But the reboot I like the least is Star Trek (starting in 2009), I have tried those movies and I just can’t do it (besides Into Darkness is a blatant rip-off of Wrath of Khan and THAT is unforgivable to me.)
5. What’s your favourite Young Adult film? think of the Hunger Games, Divergent or Maze Runner?
Oh this one is very tough, because i haven’t actually seen any of those. Does Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone count? If so, that one.
6. If a film is based on a book, would you prefer to read book before or after seeing the film?
If it’s based on a book I know, I would prefer to read the book first (like Lord of the Rings), but if it’s from a book I’ve never heard of or read, I find it doesn’t bother me to just go, watch the movie, and then read the book and find all the differences between them.
7. Going to the cinema or watch a film at home?
For a major movie (like Star Wars, James Bond or the latest Marvel film), I will always go to the cinema to watch. Otherwise it depends on my schedule (and available funds). Redbox is a wonderful invention for watching movies at home.
8. Home cooking versus going to the restaurant?
Home cooking, because it’s healthier and it’s fun to make stuff (I particularly like baking).
9. Which film describes your life in some way?
The animated Beauty and the Beast by Disney, I am totally Belle.
10. What’s your favourite film soundtrack?
Awwww, studying film music as I do, it’s impossible for me to have just one. But at the moment, I think my favorites are Interstellar, all of Star Wars and the soundtrack from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
11. Are you going to watch the Oscar Show?
Probably not, none of my favorite movies from the past year was nominated for a big award.
And now for my nominations!
- The Snooty Ushers
- Nadine and Pascale from CineTrotter
- Popcorn and Film
- Thoughts on Films
- Grand Old Movies
- Suzanne from Writing Suzanne
- Charlotte and Cate from Charlotte and Cate
- Jen from Combustible Reviews
- Film Geeky
- Dan from Dan White’s Blogs
And the questions you need to answer are:
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
- DC or Marvel?
- What is your favorite film soundtrack?
- What movie are you most looking forward to seeing in 2016?
- Have you ever seen a movie that describes your life perfectly?
- James Bond or Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible)
- Do you think the Hobbit Trilogy is as good as the Lord of the Rings trilogy? (referring to the films in this case)
- Which female superhero should get her own movie next?
- Who played Superman better, Christopher Reeve or Henry Cavill?
- If you could only watch one film franchise for the rest of your life, which would you pick and why?
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Please check out all the blogs I have nominated, and have a great week! -Bex