Wow, I didn’t think I’d reach this many Liebster Awards! Since I ended up getting two really close together, I hope you don’t mind if I answer them both at the same time.
The rules of a Liebster Award are simple:
Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
Give 11 facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it.
Let these bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
Give your 11 questions to the nominees.
The first nomination came from Film and TV 101 (thank you for that!) and these are the questions she asked me to answer:
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because a couple of years ago a graduate seminar I was taking ran a blog as a group project for the class and I discovered that it was really fun to write about music and movies, and several months after the class was over I decided to try it for myself. Six months after that I transplanted the whole blog here to WordPress and here we are now 🙂
2. What country are you from?
The United States
3. If you were to produce a film, genre? title? director? lead actor/actress?
Hmmmm, animated science-fiction, directed by myself (title to be determined) and starring Tom Cruise and Tom Hiddleston.
4. What hobbies do you have?
Collecting/reading comics/manga, playing video games (Skyrim for example), cooking, baking, reading, stuff like that.
5. What animal would you least like to be?
“Least” like to be?? hmmmm, probably a fly.
6. What would be your dream job?
In a perfect world? I’d get to read books for a living, if that’s not a perfect job I don’t know what is.
7. If you had three wishes, what would wish for? (NOT MORE WISHES)
Enough money to pay my student loans, the ability to fly for a day and the ability to communicate telepathically forever
8. What is your favourite word?
9. What is your favourite sound?
10. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
I’m going to respectfully decline from answering (I can’t pick just one).
11. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say to you as you reach the Pearly Gates?
Knowing that Heaven exists, I hope I hear God say something to the effect of “Well done, welcome home.”
Now, my second nomination came from Keithlovesmovies (thank you very much!) and these are the questions he wanted me to answer:
- What was your favorite movie of 2016 so far?
Ummmmm, in terms of entertainment value I’d have to say Gods of Egypt.
2. What was your least favorite movie of 2016 so far?
Hail Caesar (wasted a good gift card on that movie…)
3. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Oh lol, you really expect me to pick just one?? (Literally, my favorite movie of all time changes every year). Well, this might be cheating but I’d have to say it’s a tie right now between the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the original Star Wars Trilogy (just think of them as really really long movies).
4. What is your least favorite movie of all time?
There was a travesty some years back named Old Dogs that I was forced to sit through once in the theater *shudders* That movie is why i scrupulously check reviews BEFORE I go see a movie.
5. What movies this year are you most looking forward to?
The Legend of Tarzan, The Independence Day Sequel, Disney’s Moana, Rogue One *thinks* yea that’ll do for now.
6. How often do you get popcorn when you go to the theater?
Since I (unfortunately) can’t afford to go that often, I usually get popcorn every time.
7. Do you like watching a movie in a theater or at home?
Both (but I’ll watch in the theater if I get the chance)
8. Where is your favorite place to sit in a theater?
In the exact middle, I don’t just mean in the middle of the row, I mean exactly midway between the front and back of the theater too. Sit there and you are guaranteed a perfect viewing experience.
9. Do you still buy physical movies or do you prefer digital ones?
I prefer physical movies to be honest. If I really need to see a movie for a project and I can’t afford to buy a copy I’ll sometimes rent a digital version on iTunes.
10. What is the most movies you’ve seen in a day?
*thinks* probably the most I ever made it through was 4-5, probably 4.
11. What do you do when you’re not watching movies?
Go to work, sleep, eat, watch old TV shows on Hulu, blog, I do lots of stuff 🙂
Now then, for my nominees, oh this is going to be tough, I’ve nominated so many people recently…
- The Cinema Cynic
- That Other Critic
- Soundtrack Alley
- Craig’s Movie Report
- Jaysen Headley Writes
- Comet Over Hollywood
- Other Things
- 24 Masterpieces per second
- We Minored in Film
- Combustible Reviews
- Let’s Talk…Cinema
And the questions are:
- What is your favorite animated Disney film?
- Which Star Wars film is the best?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Favorite film soundtrack?
- If you had to live inside a movie, which would you pick and why?
- Who’s going to win The Game of Thrones?
- If you had one superpower, which would it be?
- Name one movie that should NEVER have had a sequel
- Do you think they can keep the James Bond series going forever?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Ok, I think I’ve finally got everything, hope you enjoyed the answers!! -Bex
P.S. Due to recent world events, Aladdin is going to be postponed for a few days, my heart just isn’t in it right now.