Wow, thank you to Keithlovesmovies for nominating me for a Liebster Award 🙂
The rules are simple:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers that are also deserving of the award
- Give them 11 questions to answer 🙂
- What kind of TV shows do you watch?
I actually don’t watch that much TV anymore, but I do have a craving for reality competitions (Ink Master, Bar Rescue and MasterChef). Outside of that, I like shows that border on the gothic and supernatural (Constantine, Penny Dreadful and Dracula). And as a general rule, I love fantasy (so Game of Thrones is one of my favorites).
2. What is your favorite TV show?
Of all time? Easily Star Trek: The Original Series. Of current TV? Penny Dreadful.
3. Are there any older TV shows that you still want to watch?
I’m not quite sure I follow the question. If you mean an older show that I haven’t watched before, I’d probably say Battlestar Galactica, I saw pieces of the remake, but never the original. If you mean older shows I’ve already seen, there’s MASH and Hogan’s Heroes 🙂
4. Do you like to read and if so, what is your favorite book?
lol, do I love to read…I’ve loved to read since I was like 3 years old 🙂 As for my favorite book, I can’t pick just one, not ever. Among my favorites are The Lord of the Rings, Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn, The Prydain Chronicles and the Jedi Academy Trilogy from the Star Wars Expanded Universe (I hate the Legends name).
5. Would you rather read the book or watch its movie counterpart?
That depends on the book. In the case of Lord of the Rings, I was strongly encouraged to read the books first. If it’s a book I’m not really interested in (like the Divergent Series or the Hunger Games), I would probably just go see the movie.
6. Have you ever strongly reacted to a movie or TV show based on a book that either got something really wrong or really right?
Yes, I’m a stickler for detail.
7. If you could just watch 1 TV show, 1 movie, and read 1 book, what would they be?
TV Show: Star Trek: The Original Series, Movie: The Ten Commandments (1956), 1 Book: The Lord of the Rings
8. What is your favorite food?
A tie between chocolate and rice, those are my favorite foods 🙂
9. Do you travel and if so where is the best place you ever visited?
I don’t get to travel nearly as often as I’d like to, but I do like it. The best place I’ve ever visited (most recently) would have to be Nassau in the Bahamas 🙂
10. Where would you still like to go?
I would LOVE to be able to go to Europe: Paris, Rome, London (not necessarily in that order), but particularly the United Kingdom because I have a handful of friends that live in that part of the world and I would love to visit them.
11. What is your most anticipated movie of 2017? (I stole this question but it’s a good one)
Definitely the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast (i’m just praying really hard that they don’t screw it up)
And my nominees are:
- Emmakwall (explains it all)
- Renate (Popcorn and Film)
- Musings of a Classic Film Addict
- Assholes Watching Movies
- Jordan and Eddie (The Movie Guys)
Here are my questions:
- What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- Favorite film soundtrack?
- What is the oldest movie you have ever seen?
- Favorite book?
- Who is going to win the Game of Thrones?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Who is the best James Bond?
- If Peter Jackson could make a film adaptation of the Silmarillion, would you go see it?
- What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
- You can only watch three movies for the rest of your life: what are your selections?
Have fun! Thanks again Keithlovesmovies for the nomination 🙂