Wow, thanks to evelynfilmfan for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award, if you haven’t checked out her blog before, you totally should because it is really good 🙂 And I also received a nomination from Thoughts All Sorts, thank you for the honor 🙂
The rules of a Sunshine Blogger Award, like a Liebster Award, are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions
- Nominate up to 11 people to receive the award in turn
- Create 11 questions for them to answer 🙂
Without further ado, let’s start with the questions from evelynfilmfan
- What’s the reason you started writing in the first place?
I’d worked on a blog for a class several years ago now and I enjoyed it so much that I decided to start a blog of my own to write about film music, so I could finally share all these little trivia thoughts that have bounced around my head for years 🙂
- Who is your best movie buddie?
Maybe I’m misunderstanding the question, but I rarely go to the movies with anyone, so I guess nobody.
- Which actor or actress makes you want to go to the cinema, before even knowing what the film is about?
Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Irons are the two names that generally grab my attention.
- Do you rather watch films or series?
It depends on the mood I’m in really. Most of the time (especially in the last five years), I’ve found myself preferring films over television, but that has more to do with my lack of free time and it’s easier to just pop a movie in.
- In your opinion what is the most overrated film/series?
Promise you won’t hate me? *whispers* Harry Potter is overrated (sorry I just couldn’t get into it!!)
- What’s your favourite place to watch a film?
The movie theater whenever I get the chance, curled up on my futon at home otherwise.
- Who is your celebrity crush?
Tom Hiddleston (I also have a serious crush on Jason Statham)
- Have you ever been to a city just because it was used as a film location?
For that reason alone? No. If I’ve ever gone to a city used as a film location, it was purely coincidence.
- What’s your favourite city you’ve been?
New York City
- If you could make a film what would it be about?
It would be a documentary about what it’s like to live with Asperger’s (so I could spread awareness about how the Asperger’s brain works).
- Which film is the biggest disappointment
Just looking at this year, I’d have to say “Hail Caesar”, I really thought that film was going to be funny and it just wasn’t.
And the questions from Thoughts All Sorts
- If you could somehow transport yourself into a movie and be a character, who would you be?
Oh good grief, of all the hundreds of choices….probably would transport myself into the MCU and become Black Widow.
- A good book and a good movie are lovingly waiting for you at the same time. Do you read or watch a movie?
Most of the time I end up doing both 🙂 But seriously, more often than not these days I watch the movie.
- Do you find yourself quoting movies (or books) or singing lines of songs to colleagues (or friends) when an opportune moment presents itself in a conversation or situation?
Nope, though I’ve often been tempted to.
- Night owl or Early bird?
Mmmmmm, probably an early bird, though I don’t really like staying up very late OR getting up too early.
- Which movie from your childhood will you always have a soft spot for even if it isn’t as great as you remember it?
That’s tough to answer….off the top of my head probably Krull, because it seemed really amazing the first time I saw it (I think I was in my teens then), but recently I went back and watched it and the flaws jumped out at me from every corner. But I still love it.
- What languages do you speak?
The only language I speak fluently is English (though I am fairly conversant in sarcasm). As far as READING ability goes, I would say I have an intermediate level of French, extremely rusty German, a basic understanding of Spanish (I can’t speak it very well but I can understand simple phrases and read it well enough) and I have a dream of learning to speak Japanese, at least on the basic level.
- What is your perfect holiday destination?
Anywhere in the UK or Western Europe (but if I had to pick it would be a three way tie between Paris, Rome and London, I want to visit all three).
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
Yes! Jared Leto, Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, Denise Crosby, the 5th Doctor, the 7th Doctor, Chris Kirkpatrick and Joey Fatone (NSYNC), Nichelle Nichols, Bryce Papenbrook (English voice of Kirito in Sword Art Online), Stan Lee (yes, THE Stan Lee, by far the most expensive autograph I own). I’ve been really fortunate to have a great comic-con that comes to Lexington every spring (which is how I met most of these celebrities). I really hope I can meet Crispin Freeman one of these days (so I can ask him to do Alucard’s voice)
- Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires, definitely Vampires (and that has nothing to do with Twilight either, I’ve loved Vampires since I first read Interview with a Vampire)
- What is your guilty pleasure (book, movie or series)?
My guilty pleasure (at the moment) would probably be anime. I’ve loved anime since I first saw episodes of Sailor Moon in the 90s, but the series that is my guilty pleasure right now is Hellsing (and Alucard is the primary reason that show is my guilty pleasure, he’s an amazing character).
- If you could transport yourself back in time to live in another era/age, which would it be?
Do fictional eras count? If so I would transport myself to the Fourth Age of Middle Earth so that I could experience Minas Tirith and all that without fear of being killed by orcs (and maybe catch a fleeting glimpse of the last few Elves).
As for my nominees….I’ll be honest, my brain is still tired, so I nominate anyone who would like to participate 🙂
And here are my questions!!
- If you could pick one fictional world to live in, where would you go?
- Name a movie you thought you would hate but ended up loving instead.
- Is there a movie series that you could NOT get into even though everyone else did? (Think Twilight, Harry Potter, stuff like that)
- Favorite film of 2016?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
- Which Star Wars film is the best?
- If you could erase one film from existence, which would it be?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Is Hollywood making too many superhero films?
- Name that one film you cannot live without
Can’t wait to see some awesome answers, thanks again to evelynfilmfan and Thoughts All Sorts for the nominations. Enjoy the rest of Wednesday- Becky
Don’t forget to like Film Music Central on Facebook 🙂