Thanks to Keithlovesmovies for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! If you haven’t checked his blog out yet, I highly recommend it as it is always filled with great info 🙂
Like a Liebster Award, the rules of a Sunshine Blogger Award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you (including a link back to their blog)
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 new people
- Give them 11 questions to answer 🙂
With that being said, here are my answers to Keith’s questions 🙂
- If a movie was made about your life, what genre would it be?
It would either be an animated film in the style of the Disney Renaissance (I’m thinking it would look very much like Beauty and the Beast) or a dramatic comedy, because those two words do a pretty good job of summing up my life.
2. Is there any movie that you love but nobody else does?
Oh definitely, the biggest example that comes to mind is Thor: The Dark World. While I love this movie very much…most of my friends who are Marvel fans do not. I can’t help loving it, any movie with Tom Hiddleston’s Loki in it is great to me (and he steals the show in that film).
3. Any guilty pleasures movie or TV wise?
Hmmmm, I think my guilty pleasure would be watching Sword Art Online (the anime), it’s one of those shows you either love or hate and I love it (I’m eagerly waiting for Ordinal Scale to come out).
4. Do you still read and if so, what’s your favorite book?
I’m proud to say I read something every single day. As for my favorite book, oh boy…well my one favorite will always be The Lord of the Rings, but a more recent favorite is Newton’s Cannon (1998) by Gregory Keyes (imagine a world where Sir Isaac Newton discovered a science based on alchemy instead of the rational science we know).
5. If you had more time in a day, what would you be doing?
If there were more time in a day I’d be writing my dissertation a whole lot more.
6. Is there anything you’ve ever wanted to do but just haven’t had the chance?
I really want to go to San Diego Comic Con, just once (or New York Comic Con).
7. Do you care about IMAX and/or 3D when watching a movie?
Not really, in fact I try to avoid 3D whenever possible because even though I wear contacts now and I can wear 3D glasses comfortably, the 3D effects don’t really impress me all that much.
8. What was your favorite subject in school?
History!!! Any kind of history 🙂
9. If you can meet a famous person who is either dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would want to meet with James Horner because I have pages of questions I wish I could ask him about his music.
10. Have you ever been so mad at a movie that you couldn’t help but to yell at the screen?
Hmmmm, nope, not really, though I got really close with Hail Caesar.
11. What movies are you looking forward to for the rest of this year?
In no particular order: Moana, Rogue One, Passengers, mayyyyybe Trolls
There are my answers 🙂 The 11 people I’m going to nominate are:
- Pop Culture Pundit
- Via VHS
- Tye Files
- Cinematic Scribblings
- Hard Ticket to Home Video
- emmakwall (explains it all)
- Cinema Parrot Disco
- Popcorn & Film
- Films & Series: What About Them?
And my questions are:
- Do you collect Funko POP! Vinyls? If so, do you have a favorite?
- Are you excited about Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?
- Which movie/TV show is your guilty pleasure?
- What’s one movie you could not live without?
- What’s the last movie you went to see in the theater?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- What color would your lightsaber be?
- If you had to live in one movie universe for the rest of your life, where are you going?
- Has a movie ever made you cry?
- Favorite film soundtrack?
- Have you ever sung along with a Disney movie?
Thanks again to Keithlovesmovies for nominating me 🙂 -Becky