So this is an award I’ve actually never received before: Carl Wonders from Listening to Film nominated me for my first ever Mystery Blogger Award!
Here are the basic rules for the award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma. You can find out more information about it here.
Here are three things about me:
- I was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome (on the autistic spectrum) right before I turned 20. This means I have high-functioning autism.
- I played the viola from 6th grade all the way through college. I still have it, and my sheet music, but my graduate studies don’t really permit the time to practice and perform.
- I LOVE to travel, I really do. But ironically, I’m scared of flying on planes (gets my heart racing every time).
Here are the questions from Listening to Film:
What is one piece of advice on blogging that you would tell yourself from back when you started writing?
The biggest piece of advice I’d tell myself is don’t stress out about the size of your audience, the numbers will come in time.
What is the most disappointing film/TV experience you’ve had?
Hail, Caesar! Still ranks as my worst film experience in recent memory. I got to the end of the film and just sat there for a few minutes like “What the hell did I just see?” and I didn’t mean that in a GOOD way either!
If you were to start another blog on a topic completely unrelated to the one you do now, what would it be and why?
Living with Asperger’s as I do, I’ve toyed with the idea of starting a blog based on me explaining my thoughts and how Asperger’s affects my life. I just can’t think of a way to write the posts without making it really boring.
If you could trade places for a day with a fictional character from any universe/property, who would it be?
Oh wow, I have two choices and they both come from Star Wars (go figure lol). I would love to be either Ahsoka Tano (Clone Wars era) or Sabine Wren (Rebels) for a day. They are my two favorite Star Wars characters aside from the “original trio” of Luke, Leia and Han.
What is your favorite movie/tv show that most people have never heard of?
That most people have never heard of? I can think of two options: Forbidden Planet (1956) and The Merchant of Venice (2004) (it’s been my experience that Shakespeare films can very easily slip under the radar, even if they have an all-star cast).
My nominees are:
- emmakwall (explains it all)
- Cinema Parrot Disco
- Plain, Simple Tom Reviews
- Film & Nuance
- The Aspiring Film Critic
- Charlene’s (mostly) Classic Movie Reviews
- The Cinematic Frontier
- The Old Hollywood Garden
- Big Picture Reviews
And here are my questions:
- If you could visit ANY fictional world/universe, where would you go?
- What is the first movie you remember seeing at the theater?
- If someone made a movie about your life, who is playing you?
- What is your favorite film score?
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Thanks again to Carl Wonders for the nomination 🙂
Don’t forget to like Film Music Central on Facebook 🙂