It’s here…it’s finally here!! Finally a solid look at the film we’ve all been waiting for since this crazy train started rolling with Iron Man all the way back in 2008. The first trailer for Avengers: Infinity War is finally here! And oh.my.goodness. I think my brain just about exploded with visual overload.
There is so much jam-packed into this trailer I’m not honestly sure that I can break it all down, but I’ll try:
- Thanos is here on Earth: This is an “Oh SH**” moment if ever I saw one. It’s been building and building and the Mad Titan is finally on our planet (and he’s seen placing Infinity stones into the Infinity Gauntlet)
- Loki DOES have the Tesseract: Why am I not surprised? But the question is, what is he doing with it? It almost looks like he used it to open the portal that lets Thanos walk onto Earth, but that could be a red herring.
- Captain America is in Wakanda: “Get this man a shield” might be one of my favorite lines from the trailer, and I’m kind of digging the beard. We haven’t even seen the Black Panther film yet (that comes out in February) but it was awesome to get another look at Wakanda. It looks like Captain America, Bucky, Hulk, Black Panther obviously and others are there leading the charge against…aliens?
- Not Vision!!!: So that shot of the Infinity Stone being forcefully removed from Vision’s forehead…does that mean he’s going to die? Because as I remember it in Age of Ultron, that stone is the reason he came alive in the first place and without it I’m almost certain he can’t exist.
- Spidey-senses: So I haven’t gotten around to watching Spider-Man: Homecoming (my apologies, I’ve been very busy) but I AM excited to see Spider-Man in this film. Seeing the moment the hairs on his arm stand up straight (surely his spidey-senses at work) was an awesome moment, not to mention that wickedly awesome suit he’s wearing! Another question though: what IS that huge circle thing? It can’t be anything good, that’s for sure.
- Falcon takes to the skies: need I say anything more?
- Black Widow is a blonde: I’m not sure how I feel about this, I like her with red hair
- Dr. Strange and Iron Man in the same scene: YES!!!!!
- But the best part of all might be Thor meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy, I can’t wait to see that scene play out in full.
We only have to wait until May 4th, 2018 to see the fulfillment of this stage of the MCU. And I for one can’t wait! What do you think about the trailer for Avengers: Infinity War? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to like Film Music Central on Facebook 🙂