Wow! I can’t believe the Remembering James Horner Blogathon is already here! I’ve seen some great posts so far, here is a recap of Day One:
- Film Music Central (that’s me!) talks about Horner’s amazing work for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) , this film is considered James Horner’s big break into Hollywood.
- The Cinematic Frontier reviews the Ron Howard-directed fantasy film Willow (1988), featuring a memorable score by James Horner
- Movierob looks at The Perfect Storm (2000) and samples some of James Horner’s pieces from that film
- Movies Review 101 dedicated Episode 3 of their podcast Talking Stars to James Horner (and I was the guest on that episode!)
- Plain, Simple Tom looks back at An American Tail (1986)
- Christina Wehner looks at the ever poignant Cocoon (1985) , the first collaboration between director Ron Howard and James Horner
- Rhyme and Reason gives an interesting review of For Greater Glory (Cristiada) (2012), featuring one of Horner’s much later scores. I honestly hadn’t heard of this one, but I’m sure the music was spectacular.
- Last but not least, Riley Central looks at the majesty of Braveheart (1995)
More will be added as they come, but it’s been a great blogathon so far! Thank you so much for participating and making this so much fun! See you on day 2 and day 3! -Bex
- Tranquil Dreams looks at the animated film Once Upon a Forest (1993)
- The Cinematic Frontier reviews The Rocketeer (1991)
- Movierob shares the amazing story of Bicentennial Man (1999)
- Renate from Popcorn & Film looks at The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)